Yoga Classes & Group Yoga Retreats
- Private Yoga Instruction Arranged at the Hotel
- Join Already Scheduled Retreats with World-Renowned Yoga Instructors
- Book Your Own Yoga Retreat
YOGA RETREATS REGULARLY SCHEDULED WITH GUEST INSTRUCTORS
Deepika Mehta: Mumbai & Bollywood’s Special Yogini
Deepika Mehta has been a student of Ashtanga Yoga Guru Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson R. Sharath since 2002. She is authorized to teach by the KPJAYI (Sri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute) and also assists at the shala/school in Mysore. She is a certified teacher with Sivananda Yoga and Vivekananda Yoga Kendra, a certified fitness trainer from ACE (American Council of Exercise), Reebok University, and the Stott Pilates Center. She was the master trainer on the Indian reality television show ‘The Biggest Loser,’and has trained many of lndia’s well-known film personalities such as Aishwarya Rai and Bipasha Basu. Mehta has a diploma in Naturopathy and Detox from The Hippocrates Center in Australia as well.
Deepika believes strongly in the power of yoga: A rock climbing accident confined her to a wheelchair which dashed her dancing ambitions. But after discovering yoga – and with great determination – she’s fully recovered thanks to her hard working practice and dedication.
The Mumbai-based yogini needs little introduction to those into yoga, and for those starting out, Deepika advises, practice Ashtanga Yoga. This form is taught to help people attain mental and spiritual strength with physical fitness (even Hollywood celebrities like Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow have practiced).
“I will try my best to inspire people about the trans-formative powers of yoga as it has given me so much in my own life…. The practice consists of asanas from Hatha Yoga, combined with Bandhas, a control of energy, Drishti, control on gazing, and Ujjayi, control on breathing. When these three elements combine with asanas, you feel lots of positive energy. It is not easy to imagine the energy I am talking about until one incorporates the system into your daily routine.”
Contact us for details of Deepika’s Yoga Holidays, or Deepika direct: email@example.com, www.deepikamehta.com
Swami Yogamani: Acclaimed Teacher from New Zealand Offers a Special Himalayan Yoga Retreat
Swami Yogamani offers Satyananda yoga for all levels including asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing), yoga nidra (yoga sleep) and meditation.
Swami Yogamani says,“Yoga continues to be my life’s path, after humble beginnings more than 30 years ago. Following extensive training here in New Zealand, my studies continued at the Satyananda Academy Australia where I received a Diploma in Satyananda Yoga Training. Along the way I have taken regular pilgrimages to India, to the home and heart of Satyananda Yoga. Teaching and working alongside other teachers from around the world continues to be an absolute honour and blessing, deepening my own understandings that I am able to share with the teachings we offer.
In Auckland we have established a strong Yoga community through Manipura Yoga Centre, thanks to the help and support of the other Centres in Aotearoa. Here, as with all of the Satyananda Centres, we endeavour to offer Yoga as a lifestyle, not just a set of asanas.” Swami Yogamani adds, “I remain and continue to be a lifelong student of Yoga.”
Accredited SATYANANDA YOGA® Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher (500 hours)
Contact us for details of Swami Yogamani’s Scheduled Retreats or direct: www.manipurayogacentre.co.nz
Shallu Aanand: Happiness and life empowerment coach
Shallu Aanand is an accomplished happiness and life empowerment coach who has been engaged in motivational and transformation work for more than a decade. She uses a unique amalgamation of healing therapies and meditation techniques to address an individual or a group’s unique needs.
Meditation is an integral part of all her workshops. She has been devoted to the practice of meditation since 1998 and has extensive experience in OSHO, Zen and Sufi meditation.
Shallu is a certified Social Meditation Leader from Humaniversity, Netherlands & OSHO meditation facilitator from OSHO Multiversity, Pune, as well as OSHO meditative therapies facilitator certified by OSHO Foundation, Switzerland.
Join her “Journey within” wellness retreat from 1st to 5th May 2018 at Eagles Nest. Know more..
Shallu’s favorite lines:
“Peace begins with ourself”
”Harmony, unity,that’s the way its going to be… Freedom, peace and love”!
“Love is the most healing force”
Freedom comes with responsibility”
Life is a fine balance of giving and receiving”
My work is my passion and a process of life! It’s a precious gift from existence. My heart is full of gratitude to everyone and whatever life has offered! – Shallu Aanand
SAMPLE ITINERARY FOR YOGA GROUPS STAYING AT EAGLES NEST
Yoga classes (with plenty of wonderful things to do in-between) are arranged morning and evening, according to your individual or group needs.
- Day 1: Meet and greet in Dharamsala/Mcleodganj with taxis arranged up to Gallu, the nearest vehicle point. There meet porters and walk 700m to Eagles Nest. Yoga session. Welcome talk, information and dinner. Evening – bonfire and drinks on The Point, overlooking the Himalayas.
- Day 2: Morning; yoga, and ‘setting up’. Afternoon; walk to a waterfall with picnic. Evening; yoga, dinner.
- Day 3: Morning; yoga. After early lunch walk down to Mcleodganj local town (30-40mins), and visit HH Dalai Lama’s temple. Return either walking up or by taxi (we can arrange) back up to Gallu, the nearest vehicle point. Evening; yoga. dinner and film night.
- Day 4: Morning; yoga. Trek to Triund (maybe up to snowline) with picnic, a good path all the way, approx. 2-3hrs walk up, 2hrs down. Evening; yoga, dinner & music with local musicians in Moonlight Suite.
- Day 5: Morning; yoga. Visit to Masroor Temple (an ancient rock-cut monolithic temple) & Hot Springs. 1.5 hrs drive –Then drive through the Shivalik Hills, stop and walk downhill, beautiful walk across the river to the Hot Springs, which is also a great place for a picnic. Evening: yoga and dinner.
- Day 6: Morning; yoga. Walk down to Naddi Village, pick up taxis (can be pre-arranged) at Dal Lake and go round to Mcleodganj for shopping etc, Walk or taxi up to Gallu and back to Eagles Nest.
- Last night: Outdoor dinner on the back terrace and bonfire on The Point.
- Day 7: Morning; yoga. Lunch. Departure after lunch / or as required.
The Yoga Studio Also Comes Furnished as Separate Quarters
The Yoga Studio/House at Night
Practice Yoga on the Back Patio of the Main House
OTHER THINGS TO DO IF PREFERRED OR IF THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES
- Day trip by jeep to Norbulinka, Tibetan Arts Institute and temple. Visit the Karmapa Lama Temple.
- Day trip by jeep to Kangra Fort – another fantastic place with wonderful views and lovely picnic spot.Walk down through Dharmkot to Baghsu and visit the waterfall (1hr). Walk or Rikshaw to
The itinerary can be changed, arranged and extended according to the length of stay. Plus there are many more wonderful walks/treks or day trips to do!
Even More Activities, visit our activities page >>
We are happy to make any extra arrangements for travel too, from Delhi/Amritsar or domestic routes.